Process for Attending
1. Application Form. Fill out the GSP application form and return by email. Attach a scanned or clear photo of your passport and visa if you already have one. The following forms are included with the application form:
a. Volunteer position skills survey. This will be used to help place you in a volunteer position at Glen Eyrie.
b. Immigration Intake Form. All non-U.S. citizens need to fill this out, even if you already have a visa.
2. Reference Form. Have your ministry leader fill out and return the GSP reference form.
3. Interview. Most applicants will have an interview with one of the GSP directors. This is usually done over Skype.
4. Decision. The GSP Directors will email you with the decision of whether you are accepted, denied, or put on a waiting list. Applicants on the waiting list might take spots that become available when others who are accepted are not able to come for some reason (such as visa denials); every year we have people come into GSP from the waiting list.
5. Official Letter of Invitation. The U.S. Navigators will use the information on the immigration intake form to create a personalized official letter of invitation that will be emailed to you.
6. Passport. Make sure that you have a passport with an expiration date at least 6 months past the end of GSP (March 2020). If you don’t have a passport, be sure to apply for one as soon as possible.
7. Appointment for Visa Interview. If you need a visa to enter the U.S., set up an appointment for an interview to receive a visa at the closest U.S. consulate or embassy.
8. Visa Application Form. Fill out the visa application form provided by the U.S. consulate or embassy. Often this can be downloaded from the internet.
9. Visa Appointment. Go to your visa appointment, taking with you all necessary documents. We will send more information to help you prepare for this appointment.
10. Plane Tickets. Once you have a visa then you can purchase a plane ticket, but not before you have a visa.
11. Funding. Talk to your local or country ministry leaders about funding options, including fundraising to help pay for the GSP program fee and travel expenses. If you need financial assistance, have your ministry leader contact us. The program fee can be paid when you arrive for GSP.
12. Informational Emails. In the months before GSP starts, we will send important information emails on a regular basis. Please read these informational emails!